06 April 2011

Smart lady

I follow a blog from a girl I went to high school with who is a first year teacher in KC, a recent college grad, a newly-wed, and happy mother of a beautiful yellow lab. It's fun to read her posts because she's apparently having a hard time with her ruthless kindergarden class so I feel like sometimes I can relate to her posts and it is encouraging (or even possibly discouraging?) to see that even in America we are having the same problems with the students. She also posts fun crafts she's working on and tasty recipes she's cooked up for her hubby... I think we were meant to be friends.

Anyways, she just made a post about a blogger she follows who does the same things. This woman is having a giveaway contest of crafts she's made and is selling on etsy, and some other fun arts and crafts things. Here's the catch: you have to follow her blog in order to win. I also like how she is using a website to pick the person instead of doing it herself (let's hope the website isn't able to read her thoughts and tell her she secretly hopes this English teacher in Moldova wins the awesome crafts). But, on top of following her blog, you also have to do one of four things:

1. Check out my Etsy shop and tell me which clipboard you'd pick if you won. (one entry)
2. "Like" me on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know (one entry)
3. "Follow" me on Twitter and leave a comment letting me know (one entry)
4. Blog about this give-away, and leave a comment with the link to your blog entry (one entry)

Number 4 is what I'm doing but only because I think it is a great idea, a fabulous way to attract followers who want to see what you have to say, and also a way just to get your name out there. So this post goes to Megan and Christina... fellow teachers and crafty people. (I think I've spent too much time reading their posts... this one seems definitely out of the norm for me... but hey... we all gotta switch it up sometimes!)


1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet!! Thank you so much for the shout-out! Sounds like we all have a lot in common...and it's amazing how alike kids are all over this world :) Keep up your good work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete