26 April 2011

Hardworking kids

Kids here in Moldova work their behinds off. I'm not sure about what it's like in the city, but at least here in the village there are many times when the kids don't come to classes because they have to be home helping their parents or grandparents in the garden or with housework. A lot of the little kids even take on "grown up" roles such as watching younger children and heavy yard work. In fact, it kind of broke my heart the day before Easter when I went to a 2nd graders house and asked her mom if she could go for a walk with me. Her mom said no because she had to take care of her little siblings. It was a beautiful day outside and she wasn't even able to play outside. Kids here grow up so fast... and it is quickly becoming clear to me the reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment