30 July 2010

Life doesn't stop

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up in the morning:

When I sleep, sometimes I feel like life just stops for those 6, 7, 8, 9 hours. Really, though, it doesn't. People all around the world (and even in Moldova) are awake and still moving.

That's something that a few PCV's have said that have been here for 2 years. When they went home to visit family for their 1 month break (because they extended), they were talking to everyone about things that happened 2 years ago as if they had happened 2 days ago. I feel like sometimes we forget life keeps going at home- people are living their own lives, doing their own things, and we are doing ours. It's not that we're narcissistic (at least I hope not?), it's just that we forget. That's normal, right?

(Now I really need to go and finish up the lesson plans I wasn't able to get done last night...)

-cc.

No comments:

Post a Comment