07 May 2011

Proper credit

Due to being sick a lot this year (and it being my first year teaching) I am running a little bit behind with my direct taught class. So I decided that I was going to assign the kids to a lesson for one of the units and have them work in groups to give a presentation to the class at the end of the week. So one of the girls gave a presentation on Varatic, since the theme was the heritage in Moldova. Although the project basically failed because the kids just presented about Moldova instead of the specifics given in the text, it was nice to switch things up. Well, the slideshow was pretty cool. It began with some video, and then there were pictures. I saw one and thought to myself, "Hey self. That looks like a picture you took. Well, maybe it was just one of those shots that everyone takes." Then the slideshow continued... and I had that thought a couple of more times. It was only then that I realized they were my photos. I was flattered she used the photos for a presentation, but at the same time it was upsetting that I had to point out that they were my photos and she didn't give me any credit. From this moment on I'll always credit the music I used for slideshows (I'm sorry, musicians. Thank you MAE for giving the music to Pavel's slideshow: http://wherescate.blogspot.com/2011/03/pavels-funeral.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment