26 May 2011

Heart

I have an odnoklassniki page. Unless you speak Russian, I'm sure you have no idea what that means. Basically, Peace Corps Volunteers like to call it "The Russian Facebook" because it is very similar to Facebook, or MySpace, only it's all written in Russian, without the possibility of putting it in English. The one thing that I think is really creepy about it is that there are footprints at the top and when you click on them you can see who has viewed your page. Let's just say the only thing I do with this page is use it to communicate with my students that haven't figured out just how awesome Facebook is yet.


Anyways, as I was doing one of the only things I know how to do (accepting friend requests and picture tags), I came across this photo of one of my 11th grade students and I when we went to the forest for a picnic a couple of weeks ago. The caption under the picture reads, "The best teachers teach from the heart, not the book." You know, it's the little things like this that make it all worth it (sicknesses and all!).


No comments:

Post a Comment