13 November 2010

What's that you say?

We're 2/2 for a dinner full of discussion! YAY!

Good news:
NMG invited me to a funeral tomorrow (is it PC to say I was invited to a funeral?). Tomorrow marks the 40th day since one of their friends died, and on the 40th (and the 4th, and 7th, and 14th) day they have a masa (party) to celebrate the life of their loved one. So tomorrow we're going to celebrate!

Bad news:
I don't speak English.

Just kidding.

But NTG was talking about his religion (He's a Jehovah Witness) and I couldn't understand what he was saying. Finally I realized he was saying Jesus Christ (which, is Isus Hristus in Romanian), and finally I realized he was saying Brooklyn, and then Watch Tower. He had to go get a book that is written in many languages about the religion in order for me to figure out Watch Tower... but finally we were on the same page (no pun intended).

So tomorrow I'm off to the piața and the funeral. Pictures will follow. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment