13 November 2010

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

At the beginning of October I took 8 10th grade students with me to Balți to take an English test through the American Councils FLEX program so they can have the possibility to study in America for their 11th grade year. Out of the 8, 6 passed the first round (they had 15 minutes to read a text and answer 15 multiple choice questions). The remaining 6 moved to the next round which was 3 hours long, and consisted of more than 100 multiple choice questions relating to grammar and then some essay questions.

Yesterday I got a phonecall from one of the girls saying she had just received a call saying she has been invited to the final round which will be held on Monday in Balți... and interview! Then today another one of my students said she got called, too!! I am so excited for them! We will see how everything goes on Monday, but I think they will not know for sure if they are going to go until the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment