27 November 2010

Thankful: re-do

That last post was a bit weak. Ok, it was really weak. But I hadn't really put much thought into the fact that it was actually Thanksgiving day because while Peace Corps actually had their office closed, the PCVs still had to work.

Let me try this again.

I'm thankful for skype because it gives me the opportunity to talk with my friends and family (for whom I am also thankful) for free- and being on a limited budget, free is always nice.
I'm thankful for my Dad who always knows what to say.
I'm thankful for the experiences Peace Corps has given me (yes, the good and the bad).
I'm thankful for the friends I've made along the way.
I'm thankful for different languages in this World because they keep things interesting.
I'm thankful for the invention of a camera because it helps me document my experiences to share with friends and family back home.
I'm thankful for country music because it takes me back home.
I'm thankful for my students because without them, this experience would be so much harder.
I'm thankful for my family and basically family (Bette!) who have been so wonderful in sending me so many care packages to make sure I have everything I need and I stay warm this winter.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a great time with your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment