28 January 2011

Moldovan at-home medical remedies

There are many more at-home medical remedies than this, but these two were introduced to me today. Poftim! (Here you go!)

1. My host mom told me that when she was little her mom used to rub garlic on the bottom of her feet and then put socks over that and it was supposed to help when you're sick. (And my host dad ate 1/4 a white onion raw and 5 garlic cloves because that also helps so you don't get sick)
2. After I took a bath today I laid down in my host mom's bed and fell asleep. When I woke up (a couple hours later) she felt my head and said I still had a temperature (which I do). Then she said I needed to rub vinegar on my glands and that should bring down the fever. I said no, but she did it anyways. So much for being clean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment