28 June 2010

Cali

I have adopted a stray dog and named her Cali (short for California).
While she has become the school mascot (and has walked me home from school 3 times!), I am afraid she is causing trouble in the neighborhood. She is very friendly, which is rare for stray dogs. However, as she was walking me home this afternoon, an old woman across the street started talking to me, and I didn't fully understand her at the time, but as I walked away, I realized she was saying the dog is eating her chickens. I thought she was well-nourished because I would give her some of my lunch, and so would some of the other PCV's. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I hope she turns vegetarian pretty soon or else she's going to be kicked out of the village and I'm going to lose my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment