16 June 2010

6am run in Razeni

Wow, talk about a difference going from the city to the "suburbs"! Actually, I seem to think this is more like a small town that a suburb, but Nadea is trying to convince me otherwise :)

I woke up this morning and finally got out of bed to go for a run (I hadn't done this since I arrived- still trying to catch up on sleep). I began by going down my street to the main street which took about a minute. There were a couple of neighbors out but not many. Then I starting running toward the school and continued on the main road (does it even have a name?). More people kept popping up as I got further, a couple of horse drawn wagons (no joke) rode by, and people would all of a sudden turn the corner and join me on the main road with anywhere from 1-15 cows ahead of them. I'm curious where they were taking them because I have noticed our neighbors bring them back every night. There were also people waiting on the street to be picked up to go to work, people at the well collecting water, and women doing their daily morning chores.

I'm totally not in Chisinau anymore! So much for a quiet morning run... now I see why everyone suggests running in the evening- that's when everyone is at home eating and working around the house.

My routine is going to change a bit. Maybe I'll just stick to the jumprope.

... off to get cleaned up, fed, and then more classes!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like Vasieni! I wake up to the sound of roosters, and when I go outside to use my vacheo (outhouse :-P) I see horses, cows, ducks, geese, chickens, goats, rabbits, etc....its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love it! I've always been a city gal... but this personal farm stuff is pretty fun :)

    ReplyDelete