12 September 2011

Goal setting

I've been wanting to start prioritizing my goals for my life to figure out just where I want to be headed and what I need to do in order to get there. A fellow (now returned) PCV did a fabulous lesson on goal-planning for a GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) seminar that I also taught in and it's stuck with me... so when I the topic for 10th form today was "Goals" I decided to try and mock that activity she did because I feel it is really important (you know, teaching them life lessons while we teach them English!). I'd planned to take up the whole lesson teaching this, but unfortunately I was cut short so nouns could be discussed... regardless, it set me on the track for finding my goals.

Then today I came across this quote on someone's Facebook status, and I thought it goes well with the topic of goals:

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.

So, in my heart, what I am meant to do?

Travel. Goal #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment