08 September 2011

birthday blues

I think one of the most challenging things about being so far away from home (and friends) is when I feel down, I don't have my friends to bring me a frosty from Wendy's or to give me a big hug. One of the other volunteers celebrated her birthday this summer, and I was with her the night before and she kept saying she didn't want it to be her birthday and she didn't want to do anything for it, even though she had some plans. Well, it's the night before my birthday and I'm feeling the same way. It's just not the same as being home, going to Henry's, and being surrounded by my best friends (although, actually, most of them aren't even in Kansas City anymore...). Regardless, I'm missing home a lot today. And I could use a hug.

(sorry for the sad and needy post... but it's been awhile since I've had one of these so I figured it was OK)

No comments:

Post a Comment