22 September 2010

Wednesday

Wednesday.

Boy do I love this day! It’s in the middle of the week, it means 2 days until I get to see Ross, and it means it is day 3 of English Club (this time with the “middle” kiddos).
The middle kiddos are so fun to work with. They are full of energy, and they can’t wait to learn something new. I enjoy using simple vocabulary with them even though sometimes it is a review. But that’s not the best part.

The best part was when they all left and I said, out loud, without thinking, “I love my job”. The sun is shining, the temperature is perfect for a light long-sleeved shirt, and I had a smile across my face.

Even though I complain about the system of grades, and how much it frustrates me that the kiddos copy their homework from other sources (Internet, other textbooks, friends that are more proficient in English- it’s karma), I truly do love my job. Sure, it’s only been a few weeks but I really can’t imagine not being here in Moldova… with these kids… 5 days a week, 9 months a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment