25 February 2012

Valentine's Love

Valentine's Day, Schmalentine's Day. When an adult and single, this particular day is awfully overrated (and this post is belated.. ha, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it).

This year, Valentine's Day was just another Tuesday. I received a couple of Valentine's from my students but other than that it was pretty ordinary. However, I told my dad's girlfriend how much I used to love it when my dad gave us heart-shaped boxes of chocolates every year. He also used to buy them for his co-workers which I think is a gesture that shows just how big his heart is... he never wanted anyone to feel left out on this much overrated Hallmark holiday. Well, before going to sleep last night, he told me I needed to look in a box and there I would find my Valentine's day present. Guess what I found:

Yup, that's right. A box of Russell Stover chocolates (excuse the expression... it's not even 6:30am and I'm still un-showered after travelling all day yesterday). When I was little I used to use my teeth (or a knife) to create a small crack in the chocolates that told me what they were filled with but this time, since I'm a grown-up, I decide I should just go for it and take a bite because that is part of the excitement of chocolates, right? Not knowing what's on the inside? Well, my first one was caramel. Heeeeaven!

1 comment:

  1. your blog is grt dear...I bookmarked in my pc...
    XXXX
    agalincity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete