16 August 2011

The work of the kids


After 4 days of camp, we are down to our last night. All of the kids did their presentations in their groups (theater, debate, journalism, and photography) and I am so happy to share with you the work of my photo kids!! I taught them a little bit about photojournalism and capturing the moment and always having your camera (and battery) with you, and then also some basic "rules" of composition (the rule of thirds, direct sunlight vs shadow, not cropping at joints, etc). Here are their photos (with color adjustment being the only photoshopping done). I must say that I am very proud of them, especially considering when I first started the lessons I asked them to draw a "perfect" photograph which had to include a person and other things (ie trees, a house, etc), and they all put the person smack dab in the center. Then, when we went on our first photo walk, no one moved or tried to shoot from different angles... but look at them now :) I'm so happy!
(These are the top 20 photos that were printed and will be traveling around Moldova for an exhibition with the theme: Diversity).


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are great! I know almost nothing about photography, but it's fun. Just out of curiosity, what's the "rule of thirds?"
    - http://sammyswow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sammy! Check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

    It will explain it for you :) And I can't get the link to your blog to work...??

    ReplyDelete