20 March 2011

Sunday afternoon walk

I can't believe Sunday is already basically over (and by basically over I mean I should have been asleep 15 minutes ago!). This last week flew by so fast! And thank goodness for that because it sure was cloudy most of it and supposedly we have sun in the forecast for tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it!

Anyways... when talking to a friend of mine today, he asked me if I had a bike so that I could go explore just a little bit further than what I'd been doing thus far in my village. I said no, but he had a good point. While I don't have a bike to take me further I do have two feet to take me on a different route. So, after spending most of the day working on some visual aids for the classroom, practicing Romanian, and researching songs to teach the kids, around 4 I decided it was time to get out of the house and go for a walk. The sky was one of those dark overcasts that really doesn't do well for pictures, but I was up to the challenge. I needed some thinking time, some fresh air, and some new photos. Unfortunately I will not be posting a lot of photos right now because I wasn't joking when I said I needed to be asleep 15 minutes ago... but here is a taste of my 2 hour journey. Stories and thoughts will come tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment