11 August 2010

One week left

Well, I have one more week left in Razeni! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown! I'm going to miss my current family so much, but I am also very excited for what lay ahead of me.

This has been my schedule for the last 2 weeks:
6am: Wake up, plug in my heater to have hot water by 7
6-7am: work on lessons
7-8:15am: shower, eat breakfast, more work on lessons
8:30-11am: Romanian class
11-1pm: Practice school (teaching 9th form this time!)
1-2pm: Lunch
2-5pm: Lesson planning
5-6:30pm: Dance class
6:30-10pm: de-brief, chat on skype, watch Glee, eat dinner, talk with family, work, etc.

Then it starts all over again.

I'm not complaining in the least bit. It's great having a set schedule like this! It makes the days go by really fast and there is never any question about what is going to happen next. After Saturday- all of that is going to change. We have a farewell party, meeting with our future families, meetings, and swearing-in (have I mentioned I'm not technically an official PCV yet? I'm still a trainee until Wednesday)... Then, it's off to Varatic on Wednesday! Once I get there I really have no idea what will happen.

I really am getting anxious about the move- anxious in a good way. Like I said, I'm going to miss my current family a lot. But I feel like a lot of time is being wasted as we finish up PST and I'm ready to just get started. It's almost like PST is a working vacation because I'm not at my official site, but I'm working. It will be really nice to get in the full swing of things...

On a super up side- the country director contacted me and asked for me to give him some photos to send to Washington for a press release! I have to choose 12-24 and write captions. I'm so excited for this opportunity! Maybe, after my 2 years of service, I can get a job to be an official photographer for the PC and travel from country to country taking pictures for everyone for press releases and such. That would be awesome.

Time for another Glee episode and some more typing of the lesson plans...

O zi buna! (Have a good day!)

-cc

No comments:

Post a Comment