08 June 2009

New Chapter

It is officially summer. I finished my study abroad semester on Friday. It was a great semester, and should help with my GPA, that's for sure, not to mention that I learned SO MUCH along the way! I have to admit, I was naive before I came here, because I thought that I would be speaking like a native by the time the semester was over. Really, so naive! But, regardless, my French has improved greatly and I am very happy about that.

Dad gets here in 8 hours... little does he know he is going to have a surprise at the airport! ME!

While I'm so excited about him to get here, I'm bittersweet about leaving Angers. While I couldn't live here for the rest of my life, it has been a great city to live in for a few months. A lot of my friends are already back "home" (whether it's in the USA, Thailand, China, etc!) and it's weird to think that my summer is just beginning... while one chapter has just finished, there will be many more this summer.

OK, bed time. Train is at 5:45am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment