05 February 2009

Wooah intense!!!

So I am going to start off by apologizing that the blog is still without photos and frequent updates. I do not have internet at the house in Angers, and I have yet to figure out how to use my laptop on campus. Ok, I lied. I can use it on every site I've tried but facebook, email, an I havent exactly tried this one yet. OOps.

Paris was absolutely amazing. I was very glad that I had Emma and Guillaume with me or else I don't think the transition would have gone as smoothly. While we did not go IN to many things, we did see a lot from the outside so that the next time we go we can choose what interested us the most and focus on that. There was this really cool large square with tons of art galleries. It reminded me of Chelsea in NYC. That is definitely on the top of my list for when I return! Speaking of top, we did go to the top of the Eiffel Tower! While it was absolutely freezing, the view was still fantastic. After that, we made the men (Guillaume and his friend, Sylvain) let us go to Starbucks to get our American coffee! (There is NOT a Starbucks in Angers!)

Now that I'm in Angers, it is interesting to note the weather patterns. So far every morning it has rained until 10 and it has started raining in the evening around 8 and ending around 11. I've only been here 2 days so that may not always be the case... but when it is not raining it is GORGEOUS outside!!!Hardly a cloud in the sky and in the sun I get so hot I have to take my coat off.

Until Monday morning I dont have any plans other than meet new people and explore the city. It is much larger than I thought, but still walking distance pretty much everywhere.

My host mom is really nice. Her name is Colette Charlot and she is 66 years old. She has a 43 year old son who has twin boys and a daughter. While traditionally younger people refer to their elders in the the vous form, which is formal, she told me to talk to her in the tu form, which is informal and usually used with parents and friends. So it's kind of weird but easier at the same time. My roommate, Laura, is also really nice. She's from a teeny tiny town near Seattle.

Ok, that's pretty much all I have for right now. I'm going to go get a baguette... France has been awful to my Lactose Intolerance-ness! It's hard to stay azay from cheese, bread, and eggs... and I can't find any cafés with soymilk!

a bientot...

Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment