25 July 2011

toilet paper and stubbornness

Two things.

One. Yesterday I dropped a brand new roll of toilet paper into the veceu (outhouse). Now, to most of you this probably isn't a big deal. I mean, it's a toilet paper roll. But, you see, this is what I've been worried about doing since the first time I stepped into a veceu for some odd reason I can't really explain... and who knows... next could be my phone, my shoes, my pride...

Which brings me to Two.
I'm stubborn. In fact, pretty stubborn. And the more people tell me they expect me to quit my 2 years in Moldova early, the more determined I am to make it. We lost two PCV's last week and another is on the way out due to a recent medical diagnosis... and I'm projected to be one of the next. Well, friends... let me tell you something: keep telling me I'm going to leave because any sort of encouragement helps fuel the fire that will totally keep me here because I'm stubborn and I don't like people telling me what to do (or what I'm going to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment