05 February 2010

Peace

Yesterday as I was laying out in the sun (it's a hard life!), I was listening to Carrie Underwood's most recent album, Play On, and then I heard the song Change. The lyrics are very powerful and reiterated how much I want to help the World, and how thankful I am to be able to be a volunteer for the Peace Corps. Here are some lyrics:

What'cha gonna do when you're watching t.v.
And an ad comes on
Yeah you know the kind
Flashin' up pictures of a child in need
For a dime a day you can save a life
Do you call the number reach out a hand
Or do you change the channel call it a scam 

...
Oh the smallest thing can all the difference
Love is alive
Don't listen to them when they say
You're just a fool
Just a fool
You believe you can change the world



Think about it...


Then, just as the lyrics are running through my head and I'm contemplating all of it, I looked up and I saw a beautiful monarch butterfly flying through the cloudless blue sky. What a beautiful being- so calm and peaceful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment