01 April 2012

Computer lesson: showing off

Just as soon as my host dad had taken his last bite of dinner he was already out of his chair and walking to grab his laptop to go sit on the bed. This was the dialogue as he did so, and then showed off his computer knowledge:

Host Dad: Look! I'm going to tell you the weather for the next 10 days!
(sits on bed and turns the computer on)
Host Mom: It's going to be -2 tomorrow night.
HD: Leave me alone. You don't know that.
HM: Yes I do.
(HD opens up the weather page using the star I taught him)
Me: BRAVO! Look at you using what I taught you.
HD: Yes, and look. (presses on the down arrow). The page moves without the mouse.
Me: Very good.
HD: Ok... Tomorrow it will get to 10 degrees and tomorrow night it will be -2, Tuesday will be...
HM: (interrupting). See. I told you it will be -2. And I didn't even need the computer to tell you that.
HD: (continues with just a slight pause) 13 ... (and continues to say the predicted forecast for the next 9 days.

When I finished bathing, he had pulled up traditional Romanian music videos, had made them full screen, and they were also watching TV. My host parents are turning into the ultimate multitasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment